TASTY TUESDAY – LAZY LUNCH
Usually for lunch I’ll make myself a salad with protein and good fats, or eat leftovers from dinner ( I always try to make extra…but more often than not BigDog eats the ‘extra’…he thinks I’m trying to make him skinny!).
Today, though, the fridge was VERY scarce, so I had to get creative. While I like to eat fresh produce, having some canned stuff in the cupboards is always good for days like today when I have hardly any veggies or meat or eggs. While canned stuff isn’t the best option, it is a much better option than getting some Maccas or having toast for lunch or not eating at all (like I was tempted to do). Plus it’s food you can store to always have on hand.
So this is what I had for my Lazy Lunch today. It was surprisingly yummy, and nutritious.
– Diced cucumber (this was the only fresh veg I had in the fridge)
– Red kidney beans, canned (go for low/no salt ones)
– Sardines (great source of omega-3, and cause they’re a smaller fish they will be less likely to contain traces of Mercury. Make sure you buy ones in olive oil, and not a vegetable oil or the like as these are very toxic)
– Full-fat feta cheese
– Sunflower seeds
– Homemade sauerkraut (so, so easy to make, and so good for the gut, and stores for a long time)
– Dash of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, pepper and Himalayan crystal salt
A good, healthy meal doesn’t have to be fancy or take a long time to cook 🙂