Tasty Tuesday – Seed, Basil & Oregano Crackers
This recipe is for my Oily Ladies that came along to our essential oils night on Friday night, haha. They devoured these delightful, seedy, oil-infused gems! The crackers are Paleo-friendly, and ignited with oregano and basil oils, making them a highly nutritious snack.
Basil oil is anti-bacterial, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and can be used as a nerve and adrenal cortex stimulant and to uplift. It is particularly beneficial for the cardiovascular system and muscles and bones. Oregano is also awesome for the muscles and bones, and also for supporting the immune and respiratory system. It can even be used to kill warts.
Used in food, basil and oregano essential oil punch both a taste-bud and a health kick!
Seed, Oregano & Basil Crackers
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup arrowroot powder
1 tsp himalayan salt
1/3 cup sesame seeds
3 tsp cup poppy seeds
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large egg
3 drops basil oil
3 drops oregano oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Mix almond meal, arrowroot powder, salt and seeds together in mixing bowl. Stir together egg and oils. Add to the almond meal mixture and stir together until dry ingredients are uniformly moistened. Pat the mixture into a flat rectangle.
3. Place the dough between two sheets of baking paper on a large flat surface, and roll out with a rolling pin. Roll the dough to a shape as close to that of your baking tray as possible. Transfer the baking paper to your tray and remove top parchment.
4. Using a ruler, score the dough into cracker-sized shapes.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven for about 12-15min, or until edges of crackers are just beginning to turn golden.
6. Store in an airtight container…unless you eat them all first!