WOD – 020913
“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
~ Albert Einstein
Holy smokes! It’s September!! MSG has officially been open 5months now! Happy birthday to us! Stay tuned for an announcement about a special MSG party coming soon!
We are getting our shirts done (FINALLY!) Hopefully at the end of this week, we’ll have some being screen printed up! Boom shaka laka! We are going for a slogan on the front and a small logo on the back of the neck. We need for you to choose a slogan. Here’s some we’ve shortlisted. Pick your favourite and leave it as a comment below. (For those of you who are new to our website, you’ll have to register your email address when you comment for the first time. This is so that we don’t get so much SPAM).
Here’s the shortlist in no certain order:
- Green machine
- Train insane or remain the same
- Go hard
- Goat killa
Strong heart (like this one -> http://www.cafepress.com/burpeessuck/10213031)
- Obsessive Chalk Disorder
- No excuses
- Earned not given
Can you think of another one that you feel should be on our list? Leave it in comments below. Make sure you comment and tell us what you think is your favourite.
Here are today’s WOD’s.
Rite of Passage
3 x 6-8 reps @ 30X1
3x 10-15 reps @ COCO
A3. Hollow Rocks
3 x 30 seconds
* Have a partner place weight plate on back if you can for pushups.
B. 3 rounds of 30sec work/30sec rest for max reps each of:
– Battlerope Waves
– Goblet Squats
* Score reps for each of the exercises in B series.
A. “Open Test”
50 Wall Balls
40 Box Jumps @ m.24”,f.20”
20 Power Cleans @ m.65kg,f.45kg
20 Jerks @ m.65kg,f.45kg
10 Snatches @ m.65kg,f.45kg
10 Muscle ups
* Record number of reps completed. 1 whole round equals 170reps. If you complete a full round up to the muscle ups, continue on to wall balls again and so forth until 20 minute cap has elapsed.
* Heavy is heavy, not MAX! Don’t aim to set a PR, just aim to go relatively and subjectively heavy for YOU today. Aim is to drop into a full overhead squat as you receive the bar. Go as heavy as you can, but as light as you need in order to obtain a full ROM bottom of the snatch position.
* Record weight used for heaviest set.
C. As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes of:
– Sprint 40m
– Max Rep Plyo Push Ups
* Record total reps of plyo pushups
A. Back Squats
Personal Back Squat Program